Crews responded to the 900 block of Lovelaceville-Florence Station Rd for a reported structure fire caused by a wood stove in the residence living room. Unit’s 201 and 231 responded directly to the scene and reported the fire had been extinguished by the homeowner. Engine 21 responded with a crew of 2 and began ventilating the residence and removing the damaged area around the stove to avoid rekindling of the sub-floors. Lone Oak Fire Department was disregarded and Engine 24 staged at Station 1 as first due for any addition calls in the district.
Remember to use caution when using wood stoves for heating your residence, always keep a fire extinguisher nearby and serviced regularly in-case of emergency. Wood stoves should be well maintained and surrounding areas kept free of flammable materials. As always, make sure you have multiple smoke detectors in your home and the batteries kept up to date. Stay prepared, Stay safe!
Leave a comment here